International Cadet Class Association (ICCA) Expression of Interest (EOI)
20th February 2020
ICCA strives to provide to our sailors the highest level of coaching and delivery of coaching programs. In line with the class strategic plan, there is a focus to increase participation and to improve results at Worlds level. We see coaching of the elite sailors an important service to help us achieve this. We also see this bringing up the general level of our Cadet sailing community as the more elite sailors take new skills and enthusiasm back to their various States and Clubs.
We believe the calibre of our coaches is integral to the participation and growth of our Junior and Youth sailors. In addition, there are some goals of the Class to perform on the World and National stages, in the coming years.
The International Cadet Class Committee recently appointed our head coach for the coming season. Our EOI is for an additional coach (mentee) who will:
- Work very closely with and be mentored by the current Cadets Worlds Coach
- Learn more about the Cadet Class and Sailors including:
- How the World events are run
- About the Cadet Class Worlds qualifying sailors
To help us deliver our coaching programs over 2020 and beyond to the highest level, we invite you to submit your EOI for the coaching role with ICCA. Our aim is to secure our Mentee Coach by early April 2020, to ensure strong relationships and consistency for sailors leading into the 2020 National (21-26 Dec) and World (27 Dec 2020 – 4 Jan 2021) Championships.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Work as part of the team to contribute to the development of the sailing programs including fleet goal setting, and the creation of an integrated program to support all sailors in achieving their goals.
- Contribute ideas aimed at continuous improvement for the sailors and work collaboratively with others.
- Accountable for preparing and delivering lesson programs and plans
- Deliver effective yet fun sessions on the water and purposeful land-based instruction and routine debriefs.
- Ensure a continuous and positive presence around the sailors, contribute towards growing the comradery and team spirit within and among the fleets for maximum participation and enjoyment.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, professionalism, strong communication skills, committed work ethic, a true passion for junior and youth sailors
- Have the ambition and energy to continue growing the sailing programs for enjoyment and racing, encouraging sailors to achieve success at all levels.
- The ideal coach will know how to make sailing fun for each student and adaptable enough to help each one, achieve their personal sailing goals.
- Demonstrate the highest level of awareness and safety regarding weather, motorboats, class organisation, personal discipline and conduct.
- Australian Sailing (AS) Coaching accreditation
- Boat licence and/or AS Powerboat Handling
- Current Australian Drivers Licence
- National working with children checks
- Right to work in Australia
If the successful person currently does not hold any of the qualification, they must be willing and able to upskill themselves, within agreed timelines.
Proposed Sessions / Availability:
- The Head Coach has plans to run 2 coaching camps during 2020. Exact dates will be set by the team once it is confirmed.
- Per required skills & experience: you will be jointly responsible for each sailor being given a training plan / schedule for them to implement at their home base. The Cadet sailors who have qualified for the ICCA coaching are based in various states including Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania.
- Regatta coaching at the 2020 National and World Championships.
To apply for this position and/or if you have any queries, please forward your resume, short summary or queries to:
ICCA Secretary – Liza Manskey firstname.lastname@example.org
Coaching position EOI’s are due by Monday 16th March 2020